A woman religious from Israel will be among five new beatifications occurring this fall.
The announcement of the five new blesseds came last week from the Office of Liturgical Celebrations of the Supreme Pontiff.
The four other Blesseds include a Spanish Cardinal, a Hungarian Martyr, an Italian diocesan priest and a German religious.
Here are the details of the Servants of God that will be declared Blessed and their beatification dates:
- Eustachio (Joseph) Kugler, German professed religious of the Hospitaller Order of St. John of God; on Sunday, October 4 in Regensburg, Germany.
- Ciriaco Maria Sancha y Hervas, Spanish cardinal and archbishop, founder of the Congregation of the Sisters of Charity of Cardinal Sancha; on Sunday, October 18 in Toledo, Spain.
- Carlo Gnocchi, Italian diocesan priest and founder of the "Pro Juventute" Foundation; on Sunday, October 25 in Milan, Italy.
- Zoltan Lajos Meszlenyi, Hungarian bishop and martyr; on Saturday, October 31 in Esztergom, Hungary.
- Maria Alfonsina Danil Ghattas (nee Soultaneh Maria), co- foundress of the Congregation of the Sisters of the Most Holy Rosary of Jerusalem; on Sunday, November 22, Solemnity of Christ the King, at the Basilica of the Annunciation in Nazareth, Israel.