English Language Producer
REPORTS TO: Director of Programming
Salt and Light Catholic Media Foundation, born on the wings of World Youth Day held in Toronto, Canada in 2002, is dedicated to being and helping others become the salt of the earth and the light of the world. Our mission is to proclaim Jesus Christ and the joy of the Gospel to the world by telling stories of hope that bring people closer to Christ and the Catholic faith. We share the joys of and hopes of the Gospel through television, radio, print and online media. Salt and Light Catholic Media Foundation is embarking on a growth strategy that will expand the reach of the message to people around the world.
Reporting directly to the Director, Programming and Production, the successful candidate will work closely with the CEO who is Executive Producer of all programs and work collaboratively with other members of senior management in the planning, production and marketing of Roman Catholic programming content for distribution on Salt and Light’s television network, website and other social media platforms.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop and pitch programming ideas for production and, if approved, plan and coordinate the various aspects of production such as budgeting, composing scripts, directing, photography, music selection, locations and arranging for sponsorships and financing.
- Monitor post production team and consult regularly with the CEO during all post-production processes to ensure the finished product is consistent with the approved objectives.
- Produce programming and other content for special occasions, such as religious holidays, masses, feasts and other events affecting or involving the Roman Catholic faith, both live to air or recorded to media.
- Regularly write and edit stories for publication in print or as part of a blog, vlog or on other Salt and Light media platforms.
- Appear as on-air talent, from time to time, depending on the production.
- Attend special events, fundraising events, as well as roadshows to promote approved productions and Salt and Light generally.
- Work collaboratively and responsively with the Director of Marketing in the preparation and development of a marketing plan for each production from the inception to completion of a finished production.
The Ideal Candidate:
You will be a confident person with experience working as a producer of film or television programming or other relevant forms of audio-visual content. You will need to be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, highly motivated and able to withstand the pressures of publication and go to air deadlines. You will have a rich knowledge of the Catholic faith and the structures of the Catholic Church, its local and global presence and mission.
You will be able to foster positive working relationships within the programming and production department as well as with other company departments, media partners, community leaders, local organizations, and Catholic officials.
You have the confidence and leadership skills to pull together all the strands of creative and practical talent involved in the project to create a team, organise shooting schedules, produce, direct and ensure consistent compliance with company policies, procedures and standards and supervise the progress of the project from production to post production, and on budget.
Regular 40-hour work week which may include occasional evenings and weekends. Hours may vary due to production schedule.
- Minimum 3 years television production experience.
- Degree in Television Production or postsecondary education in Television Production or Broadcasting is an asset. Also very beneficial is supplementary degree in Theology, Philosophy and/or History.
- Experience with contract and partnership management.
- Experience in studio production, ENG/EFP, and multi-camera mobile production.
- Experience with non-linear editors such as Avid, Adobe Premiere and Final Cut Pro.
- Knowledge of production equipment, edit suites, studio production and computer graphics.
Salary / Income
This is a full-time position with benefits.
Salary will be determined based on experience.
Deadline For Application
Please submit your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
and clearly identify “TV Producer” in the subject line. We thank all applicants but only those to be considered for an interview will be contacted.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.