Over 300 kids will receive new winter coats this weekend all thanks to the various Knights of Columbus in Edmonton who organized what will be the largest Coats for Kids campaign in Canada so far.
Here are the stories that we bring you on today's episode of Perspectives Daily.
- The Pope focuses his Weekly General Audience catechises on the final two of the ten commandments.
- The largest Knights of Columbus Coats for Kids drive it to take place this Grey Cup weekend.
- A special video message from the Pope is sent to the youth preparing for the upcoming World Youth Day.
In addition to those, here are some of the latest Catholic news stories from around the world making headlines today:
- St. John Vianney’s Incorrupt Heart Begins U.S. Tour. The tour highlights efforts for repentance, reform and renewal in the Church’s current situation.
- Polish bishops ask forgiveness of sexual abuse victims. The bishops of Poland published Monday a statement on the sexual abuse of minors by some clerics, asking forgiveness of the victims and calling for action, prayer, and penance.
- Japanese, Korean bishops pledge to listen to youth. Exchange meeting in Yangju debates youth prospects in the era of artificial intelligence.
- Venice illuminated in red for Asia Bibi, persecuted Christians. To express solidarity with persecuted Christians, including Asia Bibi, a Pakistani woman recently acquitted of blasphemy, the city of Venice was illuminated in red light Tuesday night.
- Covenant House opens more doors for female victims of trafficking. Another refuge from the trade in human flesh has opened its doors in Toronto under the umbrella of Covenant House.
- The China-Holy See agreement in the crosshairs. Impositions and restrictions suffered by the underground Catholic communities fuel criticism on the agreement. While in reality, the channels of contact between Rome and Beijing represent an effective tool for gradually resolving the problems still on the table.
That's it for today. Be sure to check in with us again tomorrow for more of the latest Catholic news and stories that you need to know.
You can always catch past episodes of Perspectives Daily
on our website listed here