In this extended edition of Perspectives Daily, we conclude our highlight coverage of the Vatican's Summit on the Protection of Minors in the Church.
Here are the stories we bring you on today's episode:
- Saturday’s proceedings began with remarks from Sr. Veronica Openibo, SHCJ.
- Cardinal Reinhard Marx followed with an intervention about the role of administration in making the Church a safe place for all.
- The final speech of the Summit was given by veteran Vatican journalist Valentina Alazraki, who said she spoke not only on behalf of journalists but also for mothers and lay people worldwide.
- Saturday evening saw an abuse survivor speak to the Summit attendees, and the recitation of a litany of failings and failures.
- Pope Francis had the last word on the Summit during his concluding remarks at Sunday’s closing Mass. Hear what he had to say.
Be sure to check in with us again tomorrow for more stories making headlines in the Catholic world.
And remember, you can always catch past episodes of Perspectives Daily
on our website listed here