Here are the stories that we bring you on today's episode of Perspectives Daily:
- Montreal's City Hall has decided to remove a historic crucifix from its walls, and the city's archbishop has some thoughts on the matter.
- Sr. Mandy Carrier, a Sister of Mercy of the Americas, serves free meals at the Thomas Merton Center and explains what it means to stand with our brothers and sisters in need.
In addition to those, here are some of the latest Catholic news stories from around the world making headlines today:
- Cardinal DiNardo released from hospital. The President of the USCCB, Cardinal Daniel DiNardo of Galveston-Houston is expected to make a full recovery.
- “Vive Cristo, esperanza nuestra” – Pope’s post-synodal Apostolic Exhortation. During his March 25 visit to the Marian shrine of Loreto, Pope Francis will sign the post-synodal Apostolic Exhortation, “Vive Cristo, esperanza nuestra”, the Spanish for “Christ, our hope, lives”.
- Cologne's Cardinal Woelki places top priest on leave over harassment claim. Cardinal Rainer Woelki said "we do not tolerate any form of sexual assault." The case has been referred to public prosecutors as an internal investigation gets underway.
- Academy for Life encourages Catholic parents to vaccinate children. Catholic parents should vaccinate their children for the good of their children and the community, and they can do so with a "clear conscience" that "the use of such vaccines does not signify some sort of cooperation in voluntary abortion," said the Pontifical Academy for Life.
- Martyrdom of Italian missionary killed in Myanmar recognized. Seven Romanian bishops persecuted during the communist era also recognized by pope as martyrs.
- Colombian diocese has served 1 million meals to Venezuelan migrants. The Diocese of Cúcuta in Colombia reported this week that it has provided 1 million meals to Venezuelan migrants affected by the humanitarian crisis in their country.
That's it for today. Be sure to check in with us again on Monday for more of the latest Catholic news and stories that you need to know.
You can always catch past episodes of Perspectives Daily
on our website listed here