Pope Francis waves during his general audience in St. Peter's Square at the Vatican Feb. 27, 2019. (CNS photo/Yaraara Nardi, Reuters)
Salt + Light Media's 7 Favourite Pope Francis Quotes
At Salt + Light Media, we all greatly admire Pope Francis. His words and actions have touched and impacted us in ways we never could have imagined. Today, we would like to honour the Holy Father by listing our favourite Pope Francis quotes - the ones that have inspired us to change and move away from our culture of indifference to a culture of mercy, love and joy. Thank you for your years of service Pope Francis!
May our Blessed Mother Mary carry you close to her heart and protect you always.
1. “A little mercy makes the world less cold and more just. We need to understand properly this mercy of God, this merciful Father who is so patient.... Let us remember the Prophet Isaiah who says that even if our sins were scarlet, God's love would make them white as snow. This mercy is beautiful!” (March 17, 2013, First Angelus Address
2. “Let us remember well, however, that whenever food is thrown out it is as if it were stolen from the table of the poor, from the hungry! I ask everyone to reflect on the problem of the loss and waste of food, to identify ways and approaches which, by seriously dealing with this problem, convey solidarity and sharing with the underprivileged.” (June 5 2013, General Audience
3. “If someone is gay and is searching for the Lord and has good will, then who am I to judge him? The Catechism of the Catholic Church explains this in a beautiful way, saying ... wait a moment, how does it say it ... it says: “no one should marginalize these people for this, they must be integrated into society.” The problem is not having this tendency, no, we must be brothers and sisters to one another, and there is this one and there is that one.” (July 28, 2013, Press Conference; World Youth Day Brazil
4. "We cannot be part-time Christians! We should seek to live our faith at every moment of every day." (May 16, 2013, Twitter
5. “I have a dogmatic certainty: God is in every person’s life. God is in everyone’s life. Even if the life of a person has been a disaster, even it if destroyed by vices, drugs or anything else – God is in this person’s life. You can, you must try to seek God in every human life. Although the life of a person is a land full of thorns and weeds, there is always a space in which the good seed can grow. You have to trust God.” (September 30, 2013, America Magazine
6. "Let no one consider themselves to be the “armour” of God while planning and carrying out acts of violence and oppression! May no one use religion as a pretext for actions against human dignity and against the fundamental rights of every man and woman, above all, the right to life and the right of everyone to religious freedom!" (September 21, 2014, Address to Civil Authorities in Albania
7. "Love is the measure of faith." (November 27, 2014, Twitter)