Catholic Focus: Remembering Brother André. Host Mary Rose Bacani discovers the heart-warming stories of pilgrims who travel to Saint Joseph’s Oratory from all over the world in search... View online episode.
Br. André on the S+L Blog
Read our blog for all things Brother André
• Commemorative Mass at the Olympic stadium of Montreal on October 30th on the occasion of the canonization of Brother André.
• Canonization of Brother André
• Reflection on Brother André
by Fr Thomas Rosica, CSB
• Oct 15, 2010 | Connect
Salt + Light producer Mary Rose Bacani on Mark Kelley's Connect News TV Show on the upcoming canonization of Brother André.
• Oct 14, 2010 | We love Br. André!
Feel the excitement of students and staff from Brother André Catholic High School (in the York Catholic District School Board, Ontario) as they prepare for the canonization of their namesake.
• Oct 13, 2010 | Pilgrims at Peace
No matter how old you are or where you are from, you have a place at Saint Joseph’s Oratory. Listen to pilgrims from Canada and the US as they share their experiences.
• Oct 12, 2010 | The Cantin Story
The Cantin family has a unique story to tell. They have an archive dedicated to Br. André in their home near London, Ontario.
• Catholic Radio 88.3 FM KBVM interviews Salt + Light producer Mary Rose Bacani about the documentary God’s Doorkeeper: St. André of Montreal
A Prayer to obtain a Favour from St. André of Montreal
This audio player requires the latest version of Flash Player. or click here
to listen to the interview.
God our Father,
You gave Brother André of Montreal,
your humble servant, a great devotion to St. Joseph and a special commitment to the sick and the needy.
May the example of his life and ministry inspire us to ever-greater works of charity, in generous service to our brothers and sisters in need.
Give us the strength to surrender ourselves to Your will, and to be instruments of your loving mercy.
Help us to follow Brother André's example of prayer and love, so that we too may come into your glory.
Through the intercession of Brother André, grant the favour I now present (make your request).
Through Christ our Lord.
Montreal's Porter and Heaven's Gatekeeper by Jean-Claude Cardinal Turcotte
On February 19, we received news from Rome confirming the canonization of our very own Blessed Brother André. The founder of Saint Joseph’s Oratory will be the second Canadian to be canonized... Read More
Brother André’s life reflects beauty of holy humility by Fr Thomas Rosica, CSB
ROME – On Sunday, Canadian Brother André Bessette, founder of St. Joseph’s Oratory in Montreal, will be proclaimed a Saint at the Vatican... Read More
by Fr Thomas Rosica, CSB
All of us at Salt + Light Television rejoice with the Church in Canada, the Church in Quebec and especially with the Archdiocese of Montreal over the upcoming canonization of Blessed Brother André... Read More
Brother André Bessette, CSC
by Alessia Sara Domanico
Brother André was born Alfred Bessette on August 9, 1845 in Saint-Grégoire d’Iberville, Quebec. He was orphaned at the age of 12... Read More
What does Br. André mean for others?
• Follow our blog entries on Br. André Bessette.
• Watch the story of Br. André come alive, courtesy of Saint Joseph’s Oratory.
• Find out more about Saint Joseph’s Oratory, the largest shrine in the world dedicated to St. Joseph, begun by Br. André.
• The Knights of Columbus is a fraternal organization that has greatly supported Br. André, especially in his own lifetime. Hear about it from them.
• How is Br. André’s spirituality lived out today in the United States? Find out what’s happening at the Downtown Chapel in Portland, Oregon.
• Do young people find in Br. André’s life a deep meaning for them? Hear what young Holy Cross priests and brothers from around the world have to say.
• Curious about the Congregation of Holy Cross?
• Enjoy Steven Scardina’s photo exhibit on Br. André.