|English · Français · 中文||
Documentaries The Francis Effect
From the moment Pope Francis appeared on the balcony of St. Peter’s Basilica, he won the hearts of the people. His humility, simplicity and closeness to the poor reveal a man deeply in touch with the Gospel. His profile has soared. He has initiated a fundamental reform of the Roman Curia, challenged a “globalization of indifference,” and become the most talked about person in the world.
The Francis Effect takes a critical and in-depth look at how an ancient institution is rapidly changing under the leadership and vision of Pope Francis, and exclusive interviews with prominent Catholics and non-Catholics reveal that Francis is having a profound effect on the world as well.
A special 58-minute version of the original 75-minute production was edited for television and will broadcast on ABC Affiliates starting Feb 8 2015" - Click here for details
• Scott Pelley - Host CBS News
• Msgr John Kozar - President, Catholic Near East Welfare Association
• Diane Sawyer - Host ABC News
• David Gibson - Religion News Service
• Cardinal Sean O’Malley, OFM Cap - Archbishop of Boston
• Anderson Cooper - Host AC360
• Fr. Federico Lombardi, SJ - Director, Holy See Press Office
• Fr. Thomas Rosica, CSB - English Language Assistant, Holy See Press Office
• Alison Smith - Host of CBC’s The World at Six
• Fr. Matt Malone, SJ - Editor-in-Chief, America Magazine
• Fr. James Martin, SJ - Editor-at-Large, America Magazine
• Frank Rocca - Rome Bureau Chief, Catholic News Service
• Cardinal Donald Wuerl - Archbishop of Washington
• Charles Clark - Professor of Economics, St. John’s University, NY
• Dr. Philip Berger, Jewish Doctor
• Cardinal Óscar Rodríguez Maradiaga, SDB Archbishop of Tegucigalpa, Honduras
• Cardinal Thomas Collins - Archbishop of Toronto
• Charles Chaput, OFM Cap - Archbishop of Philadelphia
• Josephine Lombardi, PhD - Professor of Theology, St. Augustine’s Seminary
• Fr. John O’Malley, SJ - Professor of Church History, Georgetown University, DC
Salt and Light Catholic Media Foundation would like to send you emails about our programs, publications, special offers, and Foundation updates.
|Salt and Light Catholic Media Foundation – Born on the wings of World Youth Day 2002 in Canada, Salt + Light is a unique instrument of the New Evangelization. It is dedicated to being – and helping others become – the salt of the earth and the light of the world. Our mission is to proclaim Jesus Christ and the joy of the Gospel to the world by telling stories of hope that bring people closer to Christ and the Catholic faith.
We share the joys and hopes of the Gospel through television, radio, print, and online media. Our work unites people together through prayer, celebration, reflection, education, authentic dialogue and enquiry, thought-provoking reporting and stories of faith and action. We also challenge believers to grow in the knowledge of the faith and the Catholic tradition in its many expressions. We strive to offer an invitation to all peoples, especially those on the peripheries of faith and the Church, to draw closer to the Lord and experience the community of the Church. Copyright © 2014 Salt and Light Catholic Media Foundation · Registered Charity # 88523 6000 RR0001